Today, we often put our own needs on the back burner and spend our days running around putting out fires. While it’s admirable to be aware of your obligations and tending to them, we forget to make ourselves a priority and fail to invest in self-care activities in the midst of it all.
What happens next is that we rundown over time, have difficulty concentrating on the simplest tasks, have trouble falling and staying asleep – eventually losing the vigor we once had. Eventually, we slow down because we expect to run on empty without ever stopping to refuel ourselves. This is where self-care for the soul comes in.
No matter how indulgent or fancy this term may sound, a self-care routine is paramount. It ensures a healthy and happy way of life, enabling you to care for yourself and those around you. Here’s a list of 7 self-care activities that nourish the soul.
Self-Care Activities for the Soul
- Take a Breather. Staying on your toes and hustling 24/7 might be the success mantra for most, but it is essential that you pause and relax every now and then. Taking just a few minutes from your daily routine to breathe and spend some much needed ‘me time’ (whatever that means for you), reboots the systems and prepares you to face the day head-on!
- Rest Your Eyes. With the world transitioning towards digitalization, staying away from the screens is getting harder by the day. Whether it’s your cellphones, laptops, desktops, TV, or tablets, avoid digital eye strain by incorporating the rule of 20 into your self-care routine. Take a 20 second pause after every 20 minutes and lay your eyes on something 20 feet away. Similarly, unplug from technology before bed, give your eyes a break, and just be.
- Get in Touch With Your Emotions. Self-care for the soul includes self-care activities that help you get in touch with your emotions. Journaling is one way to do it. Jot down your thoughts and mentally release them as you go. It does wonders when it comes to processing and releasing energies that might be holding you back.
- Make a “Yay!” List. Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude. A self-care routine is incomplete without gratitude. Make it a daily practice to jot down things that made you say “Yay!” throughout the day. It works by focusing your energy on the positive things instead of losing sleep over the negative ones.
- Declutter Your Space. One of the most legit self-care activities is cleansing your space. It has been emphasized over the years and rigorous research that clutter has the tendency to cause stress and lack of control which can put a damper on your physical health. Get rid of things that no longer serve a purpose in your life and feel the calm.
- JOMO (the Joy of Missing Out). Accepting to go for drinks after work every other day, staying out late during the weekends, and always agreeing to night outs can leave your energy and mental health stretched thin. Self-care for the soul is essential for a happier, healthier you, and learning to enjoy your company when you are run down after a busy day is a practice that you must add to your self-care routine.
- Indulge in a CBD Soak. Rushing through a shower comes nowhere near a warm, relaxing bath soak. Make time to get into the bath and unwind – uninterrupted. These indulgent CBD bath bombs are a perfect way to restore lost energy, relieve stress, and rejuvenate the mind and body.
With life in the fast lane, it is essential to opt for self-care activities to relieve stress and reboot. Minimal changes in your daily routine can have a drastic effect on your soul and overall well-being. So, what are you waiting for? Dive into self-care with these easy steps and get started on your journey to wellness. Remember, self-care is not selfish!
For more on health and wellness, head over to the Begum C Blog.